Hover over any “hotspot” to view relevant information. Click for a closer look. Use the navigation buttons at the bottom of the frame to control the image, or navigate to other images in the presentation. Although the presentation is fully functional on mobile devices, it is best viewed and optimized for desktop computers.
- Mutio Oddi (1567-1639), mathematician, architect and engineer from Urbino.
- Concave mirror (burning mirror) similar to the mirror shown (from the back) on the right hand table in the Linder Gallery.
- Peter linder (fl. 1620) German merchant and patron of the Linder Gallery painting, who studied mathematics with Muzio Oddi.
- Beam compass, similar to the one shown on the right hand table in the Linder Gallery painting.
- Diagram relating to the optics of burning mirrors.